Monday, May 7, 2012

New Regency Dresses and Weskits

This past week I've been having so much fun dreaming up new dresses! Taking advantage of some spring sales from my favorite fabric suppliers, I now have a whole stock of sheer printed lawns and voiles, that are going to quickly transform into ready-made Regency dresses for the shop! In the past couple of weeks I've made three dresses and two matching silk weskits - which are your favorites?

First up, a Grecian-inspired green and yellow floral lawn dress...


One of my favorite bodice styles for Regency dresses!
Size 6.


A gold and bronze silk weskit coordinates nicely!








I *love* this fabric. Seriously. I think it is my absolute favorite of all the fabrics I have ever worked with. So perfectly sheer that it floats on air - and I love the bright, sprawled floral pattern.
Rather 18th century, don't you think?


Finally, a white and gold striped lawn ball gown, which also could be paired with the gold weskit!
A petite size 4-6.




If you didn't hear the news, I've started a Facebook page for my Historical Clothing, to keep everyone updated on new and upcoming items, and to get feedback and ideas on what is in demand. I would love to have your opinions and ideas for new ready-made dresses. Even if you aren't in the market for a dress, do you have any particular inspirations (movie, fashion plate, painting, etc.) that you would like to see turned into a Regency dress or accessory? Please let me know!

4 comments:

Patrizia said...

very nice! Love them all!

a Matula ikrek said...

That blue floral fabric is gorgeous. As I scrolled down it just caught my eyes, even if I'm not that big fan of blue. Although all three dresses are nice, I think you feel so much more free with working more on your own designs. :o)

Emily said...

My favorite is the green-ish one, but they are all beautiful!

I know I'm a little late, but, congratulations on your engagement! I'm happy for you! (and him) :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Very pretty! I bet the blue Weskit would look lovely on that white gown as well! :) I so wish I could order them!!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails