Thursday, June 23, 2011

40s Inspired Summer Dress


Bright yellow 40s inspired summer dress!
Made eariler this spring to attend a play and do some swing dancing. Also pictured is my sweet and lovely friend, Des! :) Who looks adorable in her pink, green, and white ensemble!

Fabric is a lightweight rayon shirting in a sunny yellow, white and lime green daisy print.
Scoop neckline, sleeveless, buttons down front and has a self fabric tie belt.
So comfy and cool!


The bodice was from this 1940s pattern:

Sans sleeves, and with gathering on the bodice instead of darts.

and the skirt from this c. 1940 pattern:
This is also the pattern I used for my green 40s dress.

Fun times! :)


4 comments:

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Aw, how sweet!! I really wish I had a 'summer wardrobe'... it just makes you feel more into the mood of the weather! :)

Hi nice to 'see' Des again! (for me..). She looks wonderful! Say hi to her for me, will ya??

Love ya and I hope we can see y'all sometime soon!!
Sarah

Miah said...

Ohhh! Thanks! 1940's! I love it! I'm actually going to be wearing a 40's(ish) inspired bolero jacket with my wedding dress!

Papillon Bleu said...

Atlanta, I am so sorry, I've just realized I haven't replied to your last message ( bad , bad me...) .

I had to say that I am incredibly impressed by your fashion expertize and I truly wanted to thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful links about the bonnets .

I hope that one day, you can design a dress for me. I like 1940s and 1950 as I think women were still so feminine then.
Your photos are gorgeous.
X
Patricia.

Dulantha said...

Quite feminine....

Feminine women and girls are always attractive.

Gender specifications are very important in any stage of the history.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails