Friday, July 9, 2010

Rediscovered Sources of Costume Inspiration

I have recently rediscovered two online historical fashion inspiration sources. The Wisconsin Historical Society online collection and the anitque clothing dealer 1860-1960.

Here are a few of my favorite items:


It was love at first sight when I saw this 1867 girl's bodice. My 12 yo sister has been wanting more 'grown up' reenactment clothing, but I am not ready to put her in front-opening dresses yet. This style could be a very good solution. Quite a pretty teen style without being too childish. I love the pointed yoke and the trim! Wouldn't this be too cute in a scrumptious tropical wool?

 How completely adorable this would be to reproduce for modern wear by the seaside!

A couple of items to completed your Anne of Green Gables inspired outfit:





I think this orange wool dress would do very well for my youngest sister. The trim is so beautifully simle and the bodice style just cute!

What are some of your favorite inspiration pieces?

2 comments:

Katie -D said...

Oh I love that walking skirt!! its so pretty and it looks so comfortable!
you do such a good job

Blessings
Katie

Hana - Marmota said...

I love that orange dress... Normally I'm not that inspired by antique children's dresses (maybe because I'm the youngest in my family with no suitable victims for small dresses around :-) - but this one is lovely! And it would work very well as a modern dress as well.

My favourite inspiration piece right now is an embroidered Swiss straw hat at the Met... http://tiny.cc/4i1jx So very, very pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails