Sunday, July 25, 2010

Historical Costume Inspiration Festival Update



A polyvore banner to celebrate the upcoming Historical Costume Inspiration Festival! I am quite new to polyvore, and have been having tons of fun with this! What do you think? Feel free to share it on your blog to let others know about the festival! If you haven't yet heard of this event, go here to read more! I had a few people comment with questions, so I thought I would address them, and add some of my own:

- You don't have to do a thread-by-thread reproduction to enter. As long as your costume item is inspired by something (it can be specific inspiration(s), or a vague theme - up to you!) it will work!

-Individual items such as a bonnet, a corset, or a shawl can be entered too, not just complete dresses/ensembles.

- Mens/boys clothing can also be entered. I've made some fun costumes for my brothers over the years, and I'm thinking about sharing some of them with you all during the festival!

- If you plan on entering, or if you just want to help spread the word, please grab one of the buttons to be found here and place it on your blog sidebar (with a link to the original post).

If you have any further comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to address them!

8 comments:

Kronmakaren said...

Hello there, your site and the event looks really interesting. I have 2 questions.
When will it take place? Online?
2) Can jewels be in competition? I made a resign of the swedish royal jewels from the Napoleon era and It would be fun to partisipate if it is online. Could I?

Atlanta said...

Hi there! (and welcome!)

yes, the event will take place online, here at my blog starting October 3rd.

Yes - absolutely! Any type of costume accessory, like jewelry, is just great! I can't wait to see it! :^)

--Atlanta

Atlanta said...

Oh, and you can read the full info about the event here: http://storyofaseamstress.blogspot.com/2010/06/announcing-historical-costume.html

Kronmakaren said...

Thank you Atlanta for rapid answer :-) I will be happy to join this event. How will I send my pictures to you?
Kindly
Britten
Kronmakaren

Kronmakaren said...

Thank you so much! This will be fun I have lots to prepare :-)
Kindly
Britten

Atlanta said...

The best way to enter your item, would be to do a blog post about it, with pictures. Then during the festival week in october, I will have a 'Mr. Linky' posted so that everyone can enter their own link to their blog posts that show their costume entries. After a link is entered, it will show up on my blog so that everyone can visit and see the lovely items! :^)

(or, if you didn't want to do that, I will also have a flickr group open where pictures can be added)

I'm very happy you will be entering! I'm really looking forward to October!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Atlanta said...

Also, if you would grab one of the buttons found on this page: http://storyofaseamstress.blogspot.com/2010/06/announcing-historical-costume.html

and post it on your blog, I would be most grateful to you for helping to spread the word about the event! :^)

Kronmakaren said...

Hi again Atlanta, i think I got it now :-) I´m not that used to blogging so I will try to keep up with you and make my post as lovely as possible. I will be fit for the 3 of october :-)
See you in the festival :-)
Kindly
Britten

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails