Monday, July 5, 2010


A fun blog-party tag from Literary Lane.

Have you ever run outside during a rainstorm (and if so, please describe it)?
Well - I have been in the rain lots. Once spent all day out in the rain and mud packing for a reenactment. And once when I was at a reenactment, two friends and I had wondered far away into the woods when it started to rain! We ran back to the fort with our skirts and cloaks flying and quoting 'There is some blue sky! Let us chase it!' Alas. None of us thought to sprain an ankle.


What is your favorite Sense & Sensibility version: 2008 or 1995?
1995. Even though it doesn't include as much of the storyline as the 2008 version, it seems to be more 'sincere' something and to capture the exact tone of the book.

Do you keep a journal (and if so, how many have you filled)?
Yes. Can't remember for sure - probably four or five. I'm too tired to get up and count them. :^)

What is your favorite thing about summer? 
Creek....swimming.....tans.....hot sun.....thunderstorms....okay- everything! Summer is the best! (except for the lack of reenactments....)

What is your favorite classical song?
Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 by Chopin

It's your wedding day. And while you are going down the aisle (gracefully, of course), the audience suddenly bursts into singing "How Do You Solve A Problem Like ____ (your name)?" What are your emotions?
I would start giggling uncontrollably.

What is your favorite scene in Sense & Sensibility? Is the same scene in the movie(s) (and if so, do you like it as well)?
Ergh.....any scene in the book where Elinor is thinking to herself. Movie.....probably when Edward is attempting to tell her about Lucy. Funny.

Which of Jane Austen's books is your favorite? Why?
Mansfield Park. I feel very sympathetic/understanding to Fanny's plight and feelings. Also it was the first JA book I had read which I had no idea how it would end. (aren't books like that the best?) I was actually liking Henry Crawford for a while, and thinking he was going to end up the hero.....until he decided to do something very stupid.

Describe your perfect reading "nook":
 A rocking chair (that squeaks pleasantly) by a cozy woodstove on a chill winters evening. Oh - and I must have a quilt as well.

Have you ever been accused of reading a book when you were supposed to be doing chores?
Um...yes. That is... I belive so, yes. *ahem*

You are on the beach, and you are wearing normal clothes (NOT a bathing suit). Do you consider jumping into the cold ocean anyway?
Of course!! (as long as there was no sharks around, and if I was with another person. I usually don't do crazy things by myself)

Do you consider yourself a matchmaker like Emma?
Um - at times. Usually I limit myself to teasing my friends about their 'certain someone'. But as far as match-making goes, I despise being 'matched' myself, so I try to treat others the same.

What do you like best about my blog? What do you think is the worst? (It's always good to get feedback, so I know what to change and what to keep!)
Actually this is the first day I have been on your blog. Very pretty layout, I must say! And cute name.

What are your opinions involving letters: short and brief or long and lovely?
Long and lovely if they are from people I wish to write back. Short and brief if they are from anyone I feel awkward answering.

What Scripture verse has encouraged you a lot recently?
Ps. 27. Especially v. 14: Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall stregthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Do you consider yourself an artist? If so, in what way?
Yes. Drawing, painting, designing and sewing.
What interests you in a blog: beautiful layout or good content?
Both.

Do you believe in saving your first kiss for your wedding day?
Certainly for 'the right one'. As far as saving it for the wedding day, I would have to decide that with him too.

What are your opinions involving modesty?
I think girls should consider clothing in a light of what is God-honoring. Oft times people seem to think that clothing is a 'personal desision' and therefore not connected with their faith. (?)
For the past several years I have worn skirts/dresses for the majority of the time. First because I felt convicted, then because I came to love it!

Did you enjoy answering all these questions?
Yep.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails